2/8/2011

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 / /

This goal kind of sounds like a good excuse to lay on the couch for countless hours, and it just may be. But regardless it is a goal I want to accomplish, so put your mockery aside.


To watch every movie that has won The Academy Award's "Best Picture" from 1950 till the present.

Movies are an crucial portion of American culture. Sorry if it offends you, but I'm more than happy to argue this point. They have united us, divided us and certainly changed the lives of almost everyone who has sat down and spent 2 or more hours of their life following a story-line depicted through the art that is cinema.

While I would love to watch every movie anyone every told me I "needed to see", that is simply impossible. Therefore, I figured the next best option was to watch every "best picture".

To see how cinema has evolved over the decades is a glance not only into how technology has evolved, but also how society as a whole has changed. I find it fascinating and can't wait to explore more of these cinematic masterpieces in the next nine years of my life.

Thanks for reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment