2/2/2011

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 / /

Make a documentary.


This goal comes from a variety of influences in my life.

The first would be my Dad, who has been a part of the movie industry for my entire life. So to be able to take advice from him, or possibly collaborate with him on a project I'm really passionate about is a goal I'm already anxious to fulfill.

The second comes from an organization I volunteered with a few years ago called "Invisible Children". They made a documentary on child soldiers, which is an often overlooked but extremely tragic issue that has ravished large parts of Africa for decades. I really suggest their website, http://www.invisiblechildren.com/ to learn more about them. Trust me, it is really fascinating stuff, so much so that they influenced me to decide to make a documentary before I turn 31.

After seeing their movie, as well as many other documentaries over the years (the best ones have been suggested by my dad), I truly do believe a documentary can make a difference; and I am living proof.

So I have little to no idea what I want to make a documentary about, and no long story about where I got this idea. I'm on a time crunch today, with a paper due tomorrow that I'm still not happy with. Sorry followers.

I'm very open to ideas though, and of course would love some help on the project. So if anyone sees this entry before I'm 31, and before you've seen me cross this off my list, please leave a suggestion.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and cya tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment