2/6/2011

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 / /

Ok so for me this one was easy. This past weekend I went and saw stand-up comedy for the first time in a long time, and it made me realize how amazing being on stage in front of a live audience must be. After meeting the comics after the show I realized the transition they went through. From their normal, calm demeanor off the stage to their amazing, captivating presence on stage; their transition was extraordinary.


I really enjoy making people laugh.

I think it is one of, if not the best tool to solve almost any problem. Laughter and joy seems to make almost anyone forgot about their problems, even if it is only for an instance.

That is why I've decided I want to do a stand up comedy routine.

No idea where yet, and of course no idea when. But I want to get in front of at least 10 complete strangers, be on stage, and (hopefully) make them laugh. I want to be their escape, to help them relax and forget about their problems. And who knows, maybe they'll like my material and repeat it to friends. Maybe my audience can spread their laughter and jubilation to others; helping friends escape their problems and simply laugh, if only for an instant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment