2/7/2011

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 / /

No real story behind this one, just an obvious purpose.


Learn the 100 basic American Sign Language signs.

Every person has a story, and every person has a voice, and every person has the right to be heard and to communicate with others. Just something I believe in; figured I'd share.

Being unable to speak is unimaginable for me. I am extremely fortunate to have all of my senses and to have full functionality of them, but some people are not as blessed. However, these people, from my limited experience, usually find a way to cope with their disability, and are often far more resilient and optimistic than most others because of the challenges they've overcome. I want to be able to communicate with everyone; white, black, Christian, Muslim, Republican, Democrat, deaf, mute or blind.

People are people in my opinion, and everyone deserves to be perceived.

Therefore this goal has an obvious purpose for me, to be able to communicate with those whom I am not able to at this point because they are unable to speak or hear.

If anyone knows the ASL signs, especially if you go to school with me, please let me know! I'd love to learn them ASAP!

Thanks for reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment