2/28/2011

Monday, February 28, 2011 / /

First off, I want to wish a VERY happy birthday to my amazing girlfriend. Hard to say whether or not I would've started this blog without her, but she has certainly helped me come up with the ideas for quite a few goals. Though we are half way across the country from each other there are very few people who have such an outstanding influence on my life, obviously for the better. So if you haven't, please make sure to wish her a happy birthday, and tell her she's old.

This goal came about yesterday while I was researching flights and traveling in general.

Take a standby flight.

The idea of a stand-by flight is really interesting to me. I know a few guys who did this while I was in Prague, but never knew very much about it at the time. One of my roommates had friends come to visit and they got their tickets through standby, and at the time I just knew they got really cheap tickets, I had no idea how. But after doing some research I think it's a fascinating idea.

Most flights have open seats and most flights are very expensive. But both the airline and the consumer (the person who wants a ticket) "win" by selling an unsold ticket on a flight at a discounted rate. This is basically what a standby ticket its; a person literally "stands-by" a gate until a flight shows up heading to their desired destination that isn't full.

I love airports and I love cheap flights, so this seems like an ideal combination for me. All I do is wait around an airport a flight to be departing with open seats on it, and then jump on that flight for really cheap!

Everyone wins! I get to travel, and not empty my bank account!

Thanks for reading, have a nice night, and I hope you like the new format! I'm so-so on it, so we'll see how long it lasts...

1 comments:

Tempe rulez on March 2, 2011 at 3:44 PM

I especially appreciate you economic terminology Philip.

Post a Comment