3/4/2011

Friday, March 04, 2011 / /

BREAKING NEWS: FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE SHORT HISTORY OF THIS BLOG I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED ONE OF MY GOALS!

Did I cheat? Some experts have said yes, but I think most would agree that it's my list, so I make the rules. And I don't think I cheated...

But yes, it is true that I created a goal of "taking a standby flight" the other day after learning about Airtran's standby program where students (anyone ages 18-22) can fly to a smorgasbord of different cities, all for less than $100 one-way. It's a pretty amazing deal, and I decided to act upon it yesterday by taking a standby flight from phoenix to milwaukee to surprise my girlfriend for her birthday/ our one year anniversary.

The whole standby thing was really easy and I got a great deal on a flight that would've cost well over 2x as much, so accomplishing this goal defiantly paid off! I even got a window seat!

Oh, and my girlfriend was really surprised thanks to her amazing friends who not only picked me up from the airport but also convinced her that it wasn't weird that my phone was shut off for 4 hours, it had probably just died. My plan for the surprise wasn't flawless, but I'm glad it worked out!

Ok, onto my next goal.

Go to a Yankees vs. Red Sox Game

My favorite sport growing up was baseball and my favorite team was the Yankees. So after watching 89, 000 of these Yanks vs. Sox games I think it is about time I go to one.

Maybe I'll be bold enough to show up in my "Mantle" jersey in Fenway.

Any of my friends or family from Boston willing to sit next to me?

Thanks for reading and have the best day ever!

2 comments:

Comment by Krista on March 7, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Im glad it worked out too! So happy you were able to accomplish a goal on top of a great weekend! One down 364 to go!

Comment by Unknown on March 9, 2011 at 7:30 PM

how am i ahead of you on this goal?! i've been to 3 bos/nyy games (admittedly all at fenway); so how about we go to one at Yankee next?

Sounds good to me.

Post a Comment