3/11/2011

Friday, March 11, 2011 / /

40 goals already! It's amazing, time flies! Can't wait to come up with 320 or so more! Now, onto goal #40...

Visit an abandoned ghost town

The idea of people abandoning a place they call home is amazing to me. I'm sure it was devastating for people to have to leave their homes, but I think it would be pretty amazing to see how these towns were preserved today.

And by ghost town I'm not talking about the Hollywood redone ghost tows like Old Tucson; I'm talking about towns out in the middle of nowhere that were completely abandoned for one reason or another.

I read about a town in Pennsylvania that had to be abandoned because coal mining was causing gases to rise out of the ground that were harmful to people if they chose to live within the borders of the town. So everyone had to move out, leaving the streets of the town completely deserted. That is the kind of ghost town I want to seek and find!

Thanks for reading and have an amazing Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment