3/30/2011

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 / /

I go to check out the blog and it's at exactly 1900 views?! 100 away from my goal of 2000 in the first 2 months! It has to be fate; time to write an entry!

Oh, and as you can see below, I've decided to experiment with adding a picture to each entry.

When I added the video the other day it seems to add some variation to the blog, and I thought it added a nice touch.

So I'm adding a little picture that in some way has to do with each goal, at least for the next week to see how I like it. Please let me know with any feedback.

Today it is a picture of the car I drive. At least the same model and color of the car I drive (mine may have a large dent under the front left light...).

Learn to drive a stick shift


This is a bit sad considering I drive a sports car that people constantly tell me I "should've gotten in stick", but instead I bought an automatic.

I don't know if I'll ever buy a stick shift car considering it just seems like a ton of work, and I enjoy relaxing while I drive (when I'm not changing the music, talking on my cell phone, texting, and reading a book while driving- of course). But in most other countries they only have stick shift cars for rent (from my limited experience and via word of mouth) so this seems like a skill I need to acquire in the near future.

Renting a car and driving through the remote countryside of some beautiful destination (Ireland, New Zealand, etc...) sounds like something I would love to do. So learning a stick shift seems like a very practical goal for my future.

I know some of my friends from high school might be contending that I did learn the basics of a stick shift while messing around in a parking lot. And yes, these allegations are true. However, I want to learn to drive a stick shift to the point where I am comfortable driving anywhere (highways, back-roads, you get the idea...) rather than only around a parking lot at 10 mph.

I hope you have a great day and don't spend it in the library, like I am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment