3/27/2011

Sunday, March 27, 2011 / /

Meditate in a Buddhist temple

I'm not a very religious person, but spirituality is a whole different realm.

While I could obviously go off on an extremely long winded tangent here, I have far too much work to do today.

I'm old now, so when I go out on Saturday night (following my team's extremely disappointing loss to UCONN) I tend not to recover as quickly. Thus I didn't start my immense amount of school work till 3 p.m. and that is why at 5:40 I haven't gotten nearly as far as I'd hoped.

Not to mention I haven't returned any of the emails I planned to or even applied to a job all weekend.

I could really use some relaxation time, and that is what made me think how nice it would be to meditate.

And where better to relax and clear my mind then in a Buddhist temple?

Guess my desire to have a moment to think clearly is having an impact on my bucket-list, no surprises there!

That is what I love about making this list, some days I feel like jumping from mattress to mattress in a store, and the next I feel like meditating; but regardless of how I feel that day I make a goal that I plan to do before I'm 31. And I will never look back and exclude a goal because I was in a "weird" mood that day, that's what makes this list fun for me. While I was in the mood to create a goal, someday I'll be in the mood to accomplish that goal.

And hopefully I can accomplish this goal in the near future, because relaxing sounds like a dream come true right now.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment